The students are admitted in this institute through Entrance Test conducted by Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional (JKBOPEE) in Civil Engineering and Automobile Engineering. The advertisement for Entrance Test is published in the month of January each year and the portal for online forms remains open for at least one month from the date of publication. The test is conducted either at Jammu or at Srinagar and the date for the test is notified by the JKBOPEE. The counseling for admission is started in the month of May and the first admission list is published in the first week of June. The candidate is allowed a weeks’ time to seek admission in the institute allotted. The eligibility for seeking admission in diploma courses (Engineering/ Non-Engineering):
- Permanent Resident as defined in section 6 of Constitution of J&K State (under process not accepted).
- Matriculation or Equivalent Examination having passed in Science and Math with 40% marks (Open Merit) and 37% (Reserved Categories).
- The candidate appearing / appeared in 10th class can also apply.
- No age bar for Written Test / Admission.
- Admission Form Submission: Online only through JKBOPEE websites www.jakbopee.org
- Courses/ Seats available at Government Polytechnic, Udhampur:
I. Automobile Engg. (60 Seats)
II. Civil Engg. (60 Seats)
Contact Numbers (JKBOPEE): 0191-2479371/ 0191-2470102/ 0191-2437647/ 0194-2433590.
Contact Person in the Institute: Sh. Yogesh Raina, Lecturer (96222-26611).